Hello and welcome to Enchumbao! If you want to become financially independent and have the option to retire early while enjoying a life drenched in true happiness, you’re in the right place! We’re a working couple in our early 30’s and 40’s planning to retire within the next three years.
Our aim with this blog is to show you how to spend wisely, save more, break away from a prescribed lifestyle, and invest so that you could achieve true happiness on your own terms. We do that by showing the steps that we’re taking to achieve our FIRE (financial independence/retire early) goals, along with our successes and failures. On January 2017, we reached financial independence and we are now working on our early retirement plan.
If you’re new to our site, here’s a sampling of our most popular posts in each category.
Our Most Popular Posts
- To Retire Early from the Rat Race You Must Acquire This Millionaire Trait
- Mapping Out Our Journey to Early Retirement
- Our 2016 Asset Allocation: Baking the Perfect Pie
- 15 Lessons Learned from 10 Years of Investing
- The FI Million Dollar Question: How Much Would I Need to Fund My Lifestyle Forever?
- Why Reaching Financial Independence Will Make You Thrive
- Quit That Job Forever by Creating Passive Income Streams
- How We Grew Our Net Worth by 139.47% in 3 Years
- 50 Valuable Lessons from the Rich and the Poor About Money and Happiness
- How to Find Your Formula for True Happiness
- How I Discovered My Purpose in Life
- Why Enjoying the Scenery Along the Journey Is Crucial to Your Happiness
- Why You Need to Stop Living from Paycheck to Paycheck Right Now!
- Tired of Being Broke? Here Are 7 Cures for Your Money Issues
- A Shockingly Simple But Overlooked Method for Getting Rid of Debt
Money Saving Tips
- How We Cut Our Internet Bill by Almost a Third
- How We Save Money With Slight Discomfort
- 6 Things You Can Do to Improve Your Financial Picture
- Why You Should Unplug in Vieques – Puerto Rico’s Hidden Gem
- 7 Tips for Visiting Miami Without Breaking Your Budget
- Explore the Natural Paradise of Cayo Levantado, Samaná
Hungry for more? Here’s a complete list of all posts.
What We Are About
Enchumbao means to be drenched, in Spanish. You can click here to learn more about us and our life philosophy.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Thank you for stopping by. Join the Enchumbao movement and together, let’s show the world that early retirement and financial freedom are possible at any age!